Friday, May 20, 2016

My very first words (sort of...)

Ah, blogging… I've long considered taking you up, but between writing, reading and generally having life to tend to, you've always seemed to be such a time consumer.

But yet, here I am. Yay!

To be honest, I wasn't quite sure what to write here… It's the first post on a brand new blog. I have no followers, no readers, no one has heard of ‘Callie’ in the writing world (yet), and I'm expected to write to people.

So I've come up with a plan. I'm not going to write to the reader (no offense to you reading this that decided to come have a look), I'll write it to you, dear blog. This inanimate publishing tool I am using to hopefully spread joy out to those reading this.

And I imagine now, I should maybe say a little about who I am? Yes?

To start off, I live in Washington. No, I'm not going to disclose where in Washington, except for the fact that it rains where I am. Quite a lot. I also have a dog. Her name is Daisy. She is currently sitting on my feet as I write this.

Let's see…

I'm currently writing a novel. Hopefully I become a published author. As I gain more followers and readers, more readers like you, I'll keep you posted on how that's going.

Maybe.

I’m also an artist. And, here is the whole reason this blog was born… A reader.

The point of this blog is to add a little bit of humor, but mostly throw out great book suggestions. I know myself that I constantly look for new reads, and blogs are some of my favorite places to find some of my favorite books. And now hopefully you, Reader, can find a new favorite here too.

Except not yet, since this is the first post, and there's nothing really here.

But soon, Reader, you'll  be six seconds to literature.


No comments:

Post a Comment